On the lookout for a wonderfully blended snack of savory and candy? Then look no additional than this Baked Pastry-Wrapped Cheese. Enveloped in flaky pastry, this heat and melty cheese is greatest served with a drizzle of honey and even your favourite jam or preserves.
Baked Pastry-Wrapped Cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) bundle crescenza cheese* (See Notes)
- Tough puff pastry dough
- 1 massive egg (50 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) water
- Honey, to serve
- Minimize cheese right into a 2½-inch sq.; place remaining parts of cheese on prime of sq., urgent to stick.
- On a flippantly floured floor, reduce tough puff pastry dough in half. Roll half of dough right into a 9-inch sq.. (See Notes.) Minimize an 8-inch circle from dough sq.. Tempo ready cheese in heart of circle.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively egg and 1 tablespoon (15 grams) water. Brush egg wash alongside sides of pastry. Wrap pastry up and round sides of cheese, crimping alongside prime edges. (Cheese won’t be coated in heart.) Freeze till agency, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Frivolously spray a 5-inch spherical ovenproof ceramic ramekin with cooking spray. Line ramekin with parchment paper, letting extra prolong over sides of ramekin.
- Brush pastry with egg wash, and place in ramekin.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Scale back oven temperature to 375°F (190°C), and bake till pastry is golden brown, 20-25 minutes extra. Let cool in ramekin for 10 minutes. Utilizing extra parchment as handles, take away from ramekin. Serve instantly with honey.
Crescenza cheese, also referred to as stracchino, is a mild-flavored and comfortable, nearly spreadable Italian cheese that melts very properly.