My delicate and chewy butter pecan cookies are made with toasted pecans, brown sugar, and loads of butter. They’re extremely simple to make with NO mixer and NO chilling required! Recipe features a how-to video!
The BEST Butter Pecan Cookies
Followers of my current butter pecan cake can be thrilled to find these equally buttery, wealthy, and flavorful butter pecan cookies! These cookies make an awesome deal with year-round (I like bringing them to events and potlucks!), however I particularly love them through the fall when pecans are in-season. Undoubtedly save this one in your vacation baking!
What’s to like:
- Fast: No chilling required and simply 25 minutes of prep together with the scooping and rolling (in the event you determine to roll them!).
- Straightforward: Since we begin with melted butter as an alternative of softened, there may be NO MIXER REQUIRED! Melted butter additionally actually infuses the butter taste all through the dough, which is essential since these are butter pecan cookies!
- Unimaginable taste: Toasted pecans, toffee bits, loads of vanilla, and a sprinkle of sea salt…are you swooning over these cookies but?!
- Mushy & chewy outcomes: My fastidiously chosen elements (melted butter, darkish brown sugar, and an additional egg yolk) and baking approach (barely underbake) guarantee these cookies keep delicate and chewy for days. Then again, in the event you’re in search of crunchy, buttery cookies, strive my butter crunch cookies!
If you’re a pecan lover (have you ever tried my Italian cream cake?!), you might be completely going to like these cookies. I can’t wait to listen to how you want them!
What You Want
All of those elements are fairly fundamental (okay, toffee bits may not be fundamental) and may already be in your pantry. Listed below are a couple of key gamers in at this time’s recipe.
- Toasted pecans. Toasting your pecans first is elective, however it’ll give your cookies the very best taste. I at all times advocate toasting your nuts and then chopping them; this helps them toast evenly and minimizes the prospect of burning in your oven.
- Melted butter. Let your butter cool to the contact earlier than including your sugars, or you possibly can soften the sugars and smash your dough. No quantity of chilling will repair this, sadly.
- Darkish brown sugar. Darkish brown sugar accommodates extra molasses, which enhances the flavors of the pecans.
- Egg + egg yolk. An additional yolk creates tender, moist, and chewy cookies. Including a full additional egg would make the cookies unfold extra and would require a chilling step, which I wished to keep away from right here. Save the leftover egg white for candied pecans!
- Toffee bits. These are elective, however I like the additional taste and texture they add. Be at liberty to crush up some do-it-yourself toffee, or use toffee bits bought within the baking aisle at your grocery retailer. In case you seize the store-bought model, you’ll be able to even use the sort that’s coated in chocolate–yum!
SAM’S TIP: Measure your flour correctly, or you possibly can find yourself with a tough, powerful dough. This dough is already stiff, so including additional flour may make it VERY onerous to work with. I additionally advocate you add your flour steadily for this very cause.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the elements I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the submit!
The way to Make Butter Pecan Cookies
- Stir the sugars into the cooled melted butter till mixed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir nicely, then put aside.
- Mix the dry elements in a separate bowl, then steadily add them to the moist elements. I like to do that in three elements and advocate you do the identical.
- Add the toasted chopped pecans and toffee items (if utilizing) and stir till integrated. The dough can be stiff–that is regular!
- Scoop the dough into rounded 1 ½ tablespoon balls and roll between your palms, if desired. Place 2″ aside on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F. Let the cookies cool fully on their baking sheets earlier than having fun with.
SAM’S TIP: Don’t over-bake your cookies! The sides needs to be a lightweight golden brown however the facilities ought to nonetheless appear delicate and even only a trace under-baked. Allow them to cool fully on the baking sheet, the place they’ll end baking as they cool. This can hold your cookies delicate and chewy versus pulling them out of the oven when the facilities are agency and absolutely baked, which is able to truly lead to over-baked, onerous cookies.
Steadily Requested Questions
This can occur in case your butter is just too heat once you add your sugars. Identical to when making brown butter toffee cookies, you will need to let the butter cool to the contact (don’t let it re-solidify although) earlier than including the sugars, or the sugars will soften and the dough can be ruined. No quantity of chilling will repair this sadly, so the very best factor to do is forestall it from taking place within the first place!
It is a stiffer dough, but when yours is overly dry and received’t come collectively, you could have by accident added an excessive amount of flour. I like to recommend utilizing a kitchen scale to forestall this.
Dry dough can be brought on by including the dry elements as an alternative of steadily, which is why I like to recommend doing this step in a couple of elements. Lastly, in case your cookies are so stiff they received’t unfold, simply flatten them on the baking sheet earlier than baking them.
Sure! These butter pecan cookies freeze nicely. Simply observe the directions for drop cookies in my methods to freeze cookie dough submit.
Simply have a look at that excellent delicate and chewy texture! My favourite 🥰
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! In case you do that recipe, remember to tag me on Instagram, and you can even discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Butter Pecan Cookies
My delicate and chewy butter pecan cookies are made with toasted pecans, brown sugar, and loads of butter. They’re extremely simple to make with NO mixer and NO chilling required!
Servings: 28 cookies
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Toast Pecans (elective)
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Unfold pecan halves evenly over cookie sheet and bake on 350F (175C) for 3-5 minutes.
Take away from oven (don’t flip off your oven) and put aside when you put together your cookie dough.
In a big bowl, mix melted butter and sugars. Stir nicely.
1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, 1 ¼ cup (250 g) darkish brown sugar, ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir till well-combined.
1 massive egg + 1 egg yolk, 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3 cups (375 g) all function flour**, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¾ teaspoon salt
Step by step add flour combination to moist elements till fully mixed.
Coarsely chop your pecans then stir within the pecans and toffee bits till mixed.
1 ½ (175 g) heaping cups pecan halves, ½ cup (120 g) Heath Toffee bits
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by heaping 1 ½ Tablespoon onto ready cookie sheet, spacing at the very least 2″ aside.
Switch to 350F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies ought to nonetheless look delicate/barely under-done within the facilities. Sprinkle with sea salt whereas heat.
Permit cookies to chill fully on baking sheet and they’ll end baking by way of as they cool however will keep good and delicate!
**The way to measure flour
If you’re utilizing cups, one of the simplest ways to measure out your flour is to stir it in its bag/container then spoon it into your measuring cup and degree off the measuring cup. Packing in your flour (over-measuring it) will depart you with a dry/crumbly cookie dough.
Retailer any leftover, cooled cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 364IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and needs to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
Recipe initially printed December of 2018. Put up has been up to date with new pictures and a brand new video, however recipe stays the identical.