Cowboy spaghetti is made with components like bacon and floor beef and combines it with tender spaghetti coated in a deliciously flavored tomato sauce! It’s hearty, easy to make and is assured to fill everybody’s bellies!
A NEW TAKE ON YOUR SPAGHETTI DINNER
This Cowboy Spaghetti recipe is a scrumptious twist on conventional spaghetti. Cowboy Spaghetti is admittedly simply spaghetti that you simply make with what’s available. You mix completely different meats and seasonings relying on what’s in your pantry. It’s meant to be hearty and filling. So you possibly can actually have enjoyable with this recipe and make it your individual. And like many “cowboy” recipes, it all the time has to have a spicy kick to it (however don’t fear, I’ll present you how you can make it not so spicy). This dish comes collectively in slightly below an hour and is bound to be a success with the entire household!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
As I mentioned above within the intro, this dish can undoubtedly be made with out being too spicy. Though I don’t assume Rotel is spicy in any respect, particularly because it’s so unfold out on this dish, you possibly can simply use one other can of diced tomatoes as an alternative of the Rotel. Clearly don’t add any of the recent sauce both.
Listed below are some further toppings that will completely complement your dish: dollops of bitter cream, crushed tortilla chips or Fritos, or a beneficiant spoonful of tangy salsa. For a spicy kick, toss in some sliced jalapeños or an additional splash of scorching sauce. I believe this might be nice to place out after which have all the extra toppings set out and everybody could make it simply how they prefer it.
Nope. You employ what you want right here. We like these two flavors collectively. I suppose you would even use a floor sausage for those who desire.
Completely! Use your favourite cheese for those who don’t need cheddar. Listed below are just a few different choices to attempt Pepper Jack, Colby Jack, or Monterey Jack.
As soon as cooled, leftovers ought to be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days, or freeze for as much as 3 months.
To reheat, heat the dish within the pot or microwave. Add a splash of water or inventory to loosen up the sauce because the noodles take in a number of it. Alternatively, for those who’re serving this to a gaggle, dish out the sauce individually over noodles as an alternative of blending every thing collectively. This little tweak will guarantee your meal tastes simply pretty much as good the second time round!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- bacon and floor beef – Cowboy spaghetti actually isn’t speculated to be a really particular recipe. It’s meant to be thrown along with what you’ve available. You may mix no matter meats you get pleasure from consuming collectively or simply use one.
- onion and garlic – you don’t want a big onion right here, only a small one will work. And you already know I’m going to speak about my desire for contemporary garlic. It’s all the time going to style much better than the jarred stuff however for those who desire jarred then go for it!
- crushed hearth roasted tomatoes – hearth roasted tomatoes are usually not spicy. The tomatoes are simply charred over hearth earlier than they’re diced and canned. This provides a really mushy smokey taste to the dish.
- Rotel – Rotel is simply canned diced tomatoes with inexperienced chilies. If you happen to like your meals further spicy, attempt getting the “scorching” model of Rotel, in any other case simply get the unique.
- tomato sauce and beef broth – if you’re watching your sodium consumption then you possibly can definitely get low or no sodium choices for these.
- Worcestershire sauce – that is a type of background components you actually don’t style as a separate ingredient. It simply provides a bit of one thing that ties all of it collectively properly.
- scorching sauce – as I’ve already acknowledged, that is optionally available. I like Texas Pete for this specific recipe however good outdated Frank’s works good too.
- spaghetti – this meal actually works finest with spaghetti however you would use angel hair or fettuccine. I suppose you would use different smaller pasta shapes however I haven’t tried that.
- cheddar cheese and inexperienced onions – we wish to serve the spaghetti with shredded cheddar cheese and sliced inexperienced onions however this isn’t completely vital.
HOW TO MAKE COWBOY SPAGHETTI
Add the chopped bacon to a dutch oven and prepare dinner till crispy over medium warmth, 8-10 minutes. Stir usually. Take away bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Go away the bacon grease within the pot. Add the bottom beef and onion, crumble the meat, and prepare dinner till there isn’t a pink left, stir usually, 8-10 minutes. Drain extra grease from the pot. Add the garlic and stir it in till aromatic, 30 seconds.
Add the crushed tomatoes, Rotel, tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, scorching sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir nicely to mix. Carry to a simmer and simmer for 10-Quarter-hour uncovered; stir usually so nothing burns on the underside. You wish to prepare dinner out a number of the liquid however nonetheless be saucy. Whereas the sauce is simmering, boil the spaghetti and drain nicely. Add the spaghetti to the pot and stir to mix.
I discover tongs assist with this step of stirring the pasta and sauce collectively.
Serve instantly with cheddar cheese, scallions, and the crispy bacon on prime of every portion.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Add the chopped bacon to a dutch oven and prepare dinner till crispy over medium warmth, 8-10 minutes. Stir usually. Take away bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Go away the bacon grease within the pot.
Add the bottom beef and onion, crumble the meat, and prepare dinner till there isn’t a pink left, stir usually, 8-10 minutes. Drain extra grease from the pot.
Add the garlic and stir it in till aromatic, 30 seconds.
Add the crushed tomatoes, Rotel, tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, scorching sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir nicely to mix.
Carry to a simmer and simmer for 10-Quarter-hour uncovered; stir usually so nothing burns on the underside. You wish to prepare dinner out a number of the liquid however nonetheless be saucy.
Whereas the sauce is simmering, boil the spaghetti and drain nicely.
Add the spaghetti to the pot and stir to mix, I discover tongs assist with this step.
Serve instantly with cheddar cheese, inexperienced onions, and the crispy bacon on prime of every portion.
- Please consult with my FAQ’s and ingredient listing above for different substitutions or for the solutions to the commonest questions.
- To reheat, accomplish that again within the pot or microwave. You might want so as to add a splash of water or inventory to loosen it up, the spaghetti will take in a number of the sauce because it sits. Alternatively, if you already know you aren’t going to eat the entire batch directly, you possibly can serve the sauce over the spaghetti per individual, and never combine every thing collectively.
- Hold within the fridge for as much as 3 days, freeze for as much as 3 months.
Energy: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 613mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 386IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3mg
“The Nation Cook dinner” isn’t a dietician or nutritionist, and any dietary info shared is an estimate. If calorie depend and different dietary values are vital to you, we advocate working the components by means of whichever on-line dietary calculator you favor. Energy can fluctuate fairly a bit relying on which manufacturers had been used.