Buttery and wealthy, these Cranberry-Orange Crescent Rolls are studded with dried sweetened cranberries, orange zest, and a contact of vanilla and baked to golden perfection. Whether or not you serve them alongside one thing candy or savory, this recipe makes a batch large enough to share all the vacation cheer.
Cranberry-Orange Crescent Rolls
- 4¼ to 4½ cups (531 to 562 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 (0.25-ounce) packages (14 grams) prompt yeast*
- 3½ teaspoons (10.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ cup (180 grams) complete milk
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 grams) water
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (63 grams) clover honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons (5 grams) tightly packed orange zest
- ¾ cup (112 grams) evenly packed dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
- 1 giant egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 1 giant egg yolk (19 grams), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whisk collectively 1 cup (125 grams) fl our, yeast, and salt by hand.
- In a small saucepan, warmth milk, butter, ¼ cup (60 grams) water, sugar, 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey, and orange zest over medium-low warmth till an instant-read thermometer registers 120°F (49°C) to 130°F (54°C). Add heat milk combination to flour combination, and beat at medium-low pace simply till mixed, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add cranberries, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla; beat at low pace till mixed. With mixer on low pace, progressively add 3¼ cups (406 grams) flour, beating till mixed.
- Change to the dough hook attachment. Beat at low pace till a delicate, considerably sticky, and elastic dough types, 6 to 9 minutes; add as much as remaining ¼ cup (31 grams) fl our, 1 tablespoon (8 grams) at a time, if dough is just too sticky. (Dough should still follow sides and backside of bowl however ought to move the windowpane check; see Notes.) Prove dough onto a evenly floured floor, and form right into a ball.
- Spray a big bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease high. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Punch down dough; cowl and let stand for 10 minutes or refrigerate in a single day. (If refrigerating in a single day, punch down dough a further 1 to 2 instances throughout first hour of refrigeration.) On a evenly floured floor, divide dough in half (about 580 grams every). Gently form every half right into a spherical; cowl and let stand for quarter-hour. Roll half of dough right into a 14-inch circle. (Preserve remaining dough lined to forestall it from drying out.) Utilizing a pastry wheel, minimize dough into 12 equal triangles. Place dough triangles with smoothest facet down; ranging from the bottom of every triangle, roll up dough, urgent pointed ends into rolls to seal. Place rolls, pointed finish securely tucked beneath, 1½ to 2 inches aside on ready pans. Repeat process with remaining half of dough. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Reserve 2 tablespoons (28 grams) melted butter. Brush rolls with remaining 2 tablespoons (28 grams) melted butter.
- Bake, one batch at a time, till golden brown, 10 to 14 minutes, rotating pans midway by way of baking.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively reserved 2 tablespoons (28 grams) butter and remaining 1 tablespoon (21 grams) honey. Brush rolls with honey butter. Let cool on pans for not less than half-hour earlier than serving. Greatest loved similar day however may be saved in a considerably hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days.
Observe: To make use of the windowpane check to examine dough for correct gluten growth, evenly flour fingers and pinch off (don’t tear) a small piece of dough. Slowly pull the dough out from the middle. If the dough is prepared, it is possible for you to to stretch it till it’s skinny and translucent like a windowpane. If the dough tears, it’s not fairly prepared. Beat for 1 minute, and check once more.
Make sure the pointed ends are considerably and securely tucked beneath your crescent rolls earlier than the second rise and bake for greatest form!