Pleased Friday, pals! It’s been longer than supposed and I’ve a variety of enjoyable stuff to share with you immediately, so let’s bounce in!
1. The week main as much as Easter, we headed again to New York for scans and a bone marrow biopsy and obtained excellent news on the outcomes. The scan confirmed continued enchancment (one other 30% discount from the earlier scan), and the bone marrow biopsy confirmed solely benign, non-cancerous cells (Dominic’s oncologist was significantly comfortable about this end result). As well as, he stated that these cells can, in actual fact, gentle up on the MIBG scan that Dominic has, so it’s doable that at the very least a few of the spots which are nonetheless lighting up are, in actual fact, benign non-cancerous cells.
Whereas we have been in New York, his oncologist drew some further blood for a particular genetic sequencing blood check that was despatched out to detect any doable mutations within the neuroblastoma cells within the blood, in order that they’ll use specialised medication/therapies to focus on these mutations. We obtained a name this week that these outcomes have been again and that no mutations have been discovered and, in actual fact, that there have been no neuroblastoma cells in any respect present in his blood. One other little bit of excellent information!
Additionally, we spied a well-known face on the wall exterior the cafeteria after we have been in New York 😎
Subsequent steps: Dominic can have one other spherical of therapy initially of Could, one other on the finish of Could, then repeat scans and biopsies.
2. The day after we obtained house was Isabelle’s birthday! She turned FIVE!
I nonetheless can’t imagine my squishy little infants have all gotten so, so huge. She had such a splendidly enjoyable day and I used to be so comfortable we may all be house collectively 💖
Then, we obtained to go to the Penguins sport that night. A enjoyable, full day that all of us liked!
3. Then, we had a beautiful Easter! We had a fantastic day with prolonged household on Saturday, then a low-key day at house on Sunday earlier than Dominic headed again into the hospital in Pittsburgh the Monday after Easter for his most up-to-date spherical of therapy.
The spherical he had final week was sort of tough… often nausea and vomiting are his huge points, however that was vastly lowered this time because of a brand new medication they tried on the finish of the final cycle. Nonetheless, he spiked fevers practically nonstop from Wednesday morning by Saturday night (the antibody could cause fevers, and often he will get one or two in direction of the tip of the week, however nothing like this), and it was inflicting his coronary heart charge to spike, so he wanted a variety of further fluids to convey it again down. I used to be extremely relieved when the infusion was executed, after which we headed house.
4. Have you ever heard of or tried Killer Brownies? I found them within the snack store space of the hospital final time we have been there and they’re one of the best packaged brownie I’ve ever had. So good! (I additionally tried the Brookie, however sadly didn’t like that one as a lot.)
5. I liked this quote from a current James Clear publication: “Create your life slightly than dwell it.” Typically it might really feel like the times and weeks and months simply roll collectively; reminder to dwell deliberately!
6. Do you might have a favourite amongst these, or a unique one? >> The 20 Ina Garten Recipes We Can’t Live Without. Her satan’s meals cake is definitely the one one on that record I’ve made (and I like, love, find it irresistible!).
7. Let’s chat books! The final time I discussed books, I had simply began Daisy Jones and the Six. I actually loved the story, however undoubtedly discovered the writing format tough to get used to at first. I lastly did, and it was definitely worth the learn! I give it 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars.
Then I moved on to The Last Thing He Told Me and oh my gosh, what a fast, fast learn! I completed it in lower than 24 hours. Granted, I used to be on the hospital, so I didn’t essentially have a lot else to do, however STILL. I haven’t learn a guide that quick in years. It had a fantastic, suspenseful tempo and I actually loved the guide, however the ending felt just a little bit rushed and incomplete to me. 4.5 stars from me!
Subsequent up: The Midnight Library
8. Talking of books, did you see that there is a sequel to John Grisham’s The Firm set to come back out this fall?! I used to be in center faculty when The Agency got here out and I devoured it… on the time, I wished to be a lawyer and I used to be obsessive about John Grisham novels. Then, I liked the film! The title of the brand new guide is The Alternate and you may already preorder it on Amazon.
9. TV issues… we haven’t watched something new recently. I began watching Daisy Jones and the Six on Amazon Prime whereas I used to be on the hospital, and it was okay, however I don’t find it irresistible but (I’m a couple of episodes in).
I’m considering of profiting from the free two months of Apple TV that Jennifer Garner posted about on Instagram so I can see the streaming model of The Final Factor He Informed Me.
Have you ever watched both one? Ideas??
10. TGIF! I hope you might have a wonderful weekend!