These frozen fruit salad cupcakes are made with cherries, bananas, and pineapples in a evenly candy, creamy, frozen filling topped with a dollop of whipped cream! This refreshing, simple no bake dessert is ideal for hotter months!
Straightforward Frozen Fruit Salad Cupcakes
Frozen fruit salad had by no means actually been on my radar till I attempted it at a neighborhood ice cream store years in the past. A creamy, frozen dessert with chunks of fruit in it? I attempted it, fell in love and determined to make my very own model.
On this frozen fruit salad, creamy sweetened condensed milk is folded into mild and fluffy cool whip together with a touch of lemon juice for brightness and a few almond extract for a uniquely deep taste. Maraschino cherries, bananas, and pineapples are blended into the graceful filling earlier than it’s spooned into muffin tins and frozen stable. The result’s a light-weight, refreshing dessert with simply the correct amount of sweetness. It’s excellent for spring and summer time days and is certain to win over a crowd.
Feeling impressed to make extra recipes with contemporary fruit? ‘Tis the season. Attempt my Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt Cupcakes, these Fruit Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Cups, or this Raspberry Peach Sangria Trifle.
What Is Frozen Fruit Salad?
Frozen fruit salad is a calming dessert of contemporary fruit suspended in a creamy, frozen combination of whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk. This no-bake deal with is commonly frozen in a loaf pan and sliced however I made a decision to show it into cupcake kind as a substitute.
Here’s a listing of substances wanted to make fruit salad cupcakes. Scroll to the recipe card beneath for measurements.
- Cool Whip – Take the Cool Whip out of the freezer to thaw earlier than utilizing. Feeling adventurous? Attempt making your personal Do-it-yourself Whipped Cream as a substitute. One full recipe of my whipped cream would change 8 oz of Cool Whip.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Lemon juice
- Almond extract – I really like almond extract right here however vanilla will work simply advantageous as effectively.
- Maraschino cherries – Drain the juices from the cherries, however maintain on to 2 tablespoons to be used within the filling. This can assist maintain the frozen dessert from changing into icy.
- Crushed pineapple
How one can Make Frozen Fruit Salad Cupcakes
Making frozen fruit salad cupcakes couldn’t be simpler. It’s just some easy steps. Make certain to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra detailed directions.
- Soak the bananas in pineapple juice to assist maintain them from browning an excessive amount of.
- Fold the Cool Whip, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and almond extract collectively.
- Stir in the cherries, pineapple, bananas (drain the pineapple juice), and a couple of tablespoons of cherry juice from the jar.
- Freeze. Fill a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners with the combination and freeze till stable.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
Recipe Ideas & Variations
Listed below are some ideas and methods that can aid you obtain the most effective frozen fruit salad cupcakes potential. I even threw in some enjoyable variations so that you can strive.
- Drain the fruit. Earlier than including the fruit to the combo, ensure that it’s drained off any extra moisture, This can assist maintain the dessert from growing an icy texture.
- Don’t over-mix. You need the Cool Whip to take care of a few of its quantity. So, when mixing the sweetened condensed milk and the fruit into the Cool Whip, fold the substances in gently and solely till simply integrated.
- Experiment with completely different fruits. Attempt strawberries or blueberries as a substitute of cherries or think about using crushed peaches as a substitute of pineapple. Most fruits are a welcome addition to this frozen fruit salad.
- Add some nuts. Historically, this dessert typically has nuts in it. Throw your favourite nut into the combo (I like cashews and pecans right here) together with the fruit for just a little additional crunch.
- Make your personal whipped cream. As a substitute of Cool Whip, make your personal whipped cream. Attempt my Do-it-yourself Whipped Cream, this Stabilized Mascarpone Whipped Cream, and even my Strawberry Whipped Cream.
Can These Be Made In Advance?
Completely. As soon as the cupcakes have frozen fully prepare them in a single layer in an hermetic container. Seal the container and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Extra Contemporary Fruit Recipes:
Summer time is coming and it’s received me interested by contemporary fruit. These frozen fruit salad cupcakes are a few of my favorites however listed below are another scrumptious recipes starring contemporary fruit.
Prepared for the proper springtime dessert? Frozen fruit salad cupcakes are made up of cherries, bananas, and pineapples suspended in a creamy, frozen filling topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 16 oz crushed pineapple, drained (reserve the juice)
- 2–3 bananas, chopped
- 12 oz Cool Whip, thawed*
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup contemporary lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 12 maraschino cherries, quartered
- Extra Cool Whip for garnish, if desired
- Extra cherries for adorning, if desired
- Put together two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Put aside.
- Pour reserved pineapple juice over the bananas. Put aside.
- Gently fold Cool Whip, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and almond extract collectively. Watch out to not over combine.
- Add the cherries, pineapple, bananas (drain the pineapple juice and discard the juice), and a couple of tablespoons of cherry juice from the jar to the Cool Whip combination and stir to mix.
- Divide the combination evenly between the cupcake liners and put within the freezer till fully frozen, 3-4 hours.
- Take away cupcakes from the pan and garnish with whipped cream and a cherry, if desired.
- Serving Dimension: 1 Cupcake
- Energy: 120
- Sugar: 19.8 g
- Sodium: 30.2 mg
- Fats: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.9 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 7.6 mg
Key phrases: fruit salad cupcakes, frozen fruit salad, frozen fruit salad cupcakes, contemporary fruit recipes