Chewy sugar cookies are baked to golden brown and full of a traditional cheesecake filling in these Fruit Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Cups. High all of it off with recent fruit and also you’ve acquired your self a wonderfully refreshing, spring-time deal with.
Spring is within the air and I’ve been loving mild, fruity desserts. After all, you all know I like cheesecake and who doesn’t recognize a great sugar cookie? I’m so excited to share this recipe with you as a result of it combines each of those delightfully easy parts, provides in some recent fruit, and produces a dessert worthy of any spring-time gathering.
And cookie cups are such nice little treats. They’re sufficiently small to not really feel tremendous responsible about consuming them, they’re excellent for touring with and sharing, and with the filling (the identical one from my Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Cups!) and recent fruit on high, they really feel extra particular than your common cookie, however aren’t actually a lot additional work. Time to get baking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These fruit cheesecake sugar cookie cups are onerous to not love. They’re so tasty, completely lovable, and tremendous enjoyable to customise. Listed below are some causes I believe you’ll fall in love with them.
- So many textures and flavors. A smooth, chewy cookie. Easy, creamy cheesecake filling. Juicy recent fruit. Every part has its personal distinctive taste and texture. All of them complement one another fantastically making for the proper chew.
- Mild and vibrant. These little confections received’t weigh you down or overwhelm your palate. Their delicate flavors make them excellent for a spring-time luncheon or an Easter soiree.
- Visually interesting. There isn’t any arguing that these cookie cups are each lovable and fairly stunning on the similar time. This makes them much more enjoyable to eat and the proper issues to awe a crowd.
- Customizable. I like the pliability that these little confections present. Certain I’m utilizing a sugar cookie and a cheesecake filling, however you would go so many alternative instructions right here. Simply decide a cookie, a filling, and a topping. See the part beneath titled “Topping and Filling Concepts” for inspiration.
A cookie cup takes a fundamental cookie, bakes it in a cup form utilizing a muffin/cupcake pan and attire it up with a candy topping. As a result of the cookie portion of the dessert is formed like a cup, it could actually accommodate a big quantity of filling. As soon as the cookie is baked, the cup is full of cheesecake filling, whipped cream, frosting, or no matter scrumptious confection the baker sees match and is topped off with (on this case) recent fruit. Yum!
You may need to run to the shop for some cream cheese and recent fruit, however my guess is that you’ve got most of what it takes to make these fruit cheesecake sugar cookie cups in your kitchen already. Right here’s a listing of what you’ll want. Scroll to the recipe beneath for precise measurements.
- Unsalted butter – The butter needs to be at room temperature. It should combine extra easily with the opposite substances than chilly butter and can maintain extra air than heat butter, providing you with a fluffier cookie.
- Sugar – Good old style granulated sugar is nice right here.
- Egg – Make sure to use a big egg, not one other dimension.
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour – Be at liberty to make use of your favourite 1:1 gluten-free flour as an alternative.
- Baking soda – For the best texture and chewiness.
- Cornstarch – So as to add somewhat softness to the cookies.
- Salt – For taste.
Cheesecake Filling and Topping
- Cream cheese – Make sure to use a brick-style cream cheese, which is far ticker, not the tub-style cream cheese. The cream cheese needs to be at room temperature. It should incorporate extra easily with the opposite substances and guarantee a clump-free filling.
- Powdered sugar – For somewhat sweetness and to thicken the filling a contact.
- Vanilla extract – For taste.
- Assortment of chopped recent fruit
Are you able to make these simple mini cheesecakes? Right here’s the best way to do it:
For the cookie cups
- Prep. Grease a cupcake pan and preheat the oven to 350 levels F
- Cream the butter and sugar till mild and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat till nicely mixed.
- Add the dry substances to the moist substances and blend to mix.
- Make the cookie cups. Divide the cookie dough into the cupcake tins and press the dough into the underside and half manner up the perimeters of every tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Form. Take away the cupcake pan from the oven. If the indent within the cookie doesn’t appear deep sufficient to fill with cheesecake filling, press it down a bit with the again of a tablespoon.
- Cool. Permit the cookie cups to chill for five minutes earlier than rigorously turning them out onto a cooling rack. In case you you
For the cheesecake filling and topping
- Make the filling. Beat the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar till easy.
- Fill. Pipe or scoop cheesecake filling into the cookie cups.
- High with recent fruit.
Ideas for Success
These cookie cup cheesecakes are fairly simple to make, but it surely by no means hurts to have a couple of methods on the prepared. Listed below are my high ideas:
- Begin with room-temperature substances. For the cookies, begin with room-temperature butter. It should maintain air higher, producing a fluffier cookie cup. For the cream cheese filling, be certain the cream cheese is at room temperature to make sure a easy filling.
- Grease completely. These cookie cups tend to be somewhat difficult to get out of the pan. So grease the cupcake pan liberally earlier than urgent the cookie dough into the tins.
- Let the cookie cool utterly earlier than filling. Whether it is nonetheless heat, the cheesecake filling will grow to be runny and you’ll have a large number in your arms.
- Wait to embellish. The recent fruit on high will go dangerous over time. These look their greatest shortly after the fruit is reduce and added to the highest. So in case you are making these prematurely, go forward and bake the cookies. You possibly can even make the filling forward of time and hold it within the fridge (take into account that you’ll must let it come again to room temperature with a view to pipe it into the cookies). Simply don’t put the 2 parts collectively till you’re able to additionally add the fruit.
Topping and Filling Concepts
That is such a traditional recipe. Basic sugar cookie. Basic cheesecake filling. Contemporary fruit. I believe it’s fairly excellent as is. That being mentioned, I wouldn’t fault you for those who wished to place your personal spin on these fruit cheesecake sugar cookie cups. Listed below are some concepts you would possibly like.
Cookie cups should be saved within the fridge on account of their perishable filling. Organize them in a single layer in an hermetic container, seal the container, and retailer them within the fridge for as much as 4 days. I like to recommend ready so as to add the recent fruit till you’re able to get pleasure from.
Can I Freeze Them?
You possibly can! These cookie cups really freeze fairly properly. Earlier than including the recent fruit, organize the crammed cookie cups in a single layer in an hermetic container, seal the container, and place it within the freezer. You too can individually wrap the cookie cups for a single-serve choice.
In both case, they’ll hold properly for as much as 2 months within the freezer. If you end up able to devour them, enable them to thaw within the fridge earlier than topping with recent fruit.
Did these fruit cheesecake sugar cookie cups get you enthusiastic about cookie cups? Good! They’re so enjoyable to make and share. Listed below are a couple of of my different favorites.
Chewy sugar cookies full of a traditional cheesecake filling and topped with recent fruit. These little gems are excellent in your subsequent spring gathering.
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 massive egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cheesecake filling and topping
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups (201g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Assortment of chopped recent fruit
- Spray cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Put aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a big mixer bowl and beat collectively for 2-3 minutes, till mild in shade and fluffy in texture.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat till nicely mixed.
- Add the dry substances to the moist substances and blend till nicely mixed, however don’t over combine. Dough can be thick.
- Makes balls of about 2 tbsp of dough. Press cookie dough in backside and about 1/2 manner up the perimeters of every cupcake cup, forming a cup form.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or till cookie cups are flippantly golden across the edges.
- Take away from oven and permit to chill for about 5 minutes, then take away to cooling rack to complete cooling. If the facilities aren’t cupped sufficient so as to add filling, use the top of a wood spoon or the underside of a tablespoon to press the middle down a bit whereas they’re nonetheless heat and recent out of the oven.
- As soon as cookie have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Add the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar to a big mixer bowl and beat collectively till easy and nicely mixed.
- Pipe or scoop cheesecake filling into the cookie cups, then high with assorted recent fruit.
- Retailer the cookie cups in an hermetic container within the fridge. They’re greatest eaten inside 3-4 days, relying how nicely your fruit on high lasts.
- Serving Measurement: 1 Cookie Cup
- Energy: 315
- Sugar: 25.5 g
- Sodium: 152.1 mg
- Fats: 16.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 56 mg
Key phrases: cookie cups, mini cheesecakes, crumbl copycat