This hen spaghetti casserole makes a fantastic weeknight consolation meal. It options spaghetti and a creamy, tacky sauce made with plenty of shredded hen. When you don’t have any leftover hen available, simply boil up a few items, and also you’ll be making this dish very quickly. Your loved ones will love this hen spaghetti recipe. It’s hearty and homey, and everybody will need second serving to of this consolation meals.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hen Spaghetti Bake
A hen spaghetti bake is a kind of traditional Southern dishes that you’ll love wherever you reside. This hen and pasta recipe is a kind of kid-friendly hen casseroles that can be excellent for potlucks.
Pasta bakes are a meal to like as a result of they’re simple to prep and bake forward, make a pleasant present to a neighbor in want, or are nice to throw within the freezer for a busy day. Life is hectic, and from time to time you want one thing that’s already completed and ready!
Why That is the Greatest Recipe for Hen Spaghetti
What makes this baked hen spaghetti recipe the tastiest ever? One phrase – bacon! This hen casserole recipe is ideal if you wish to dissipate leftover hen. Parmesan cheese on prime provides the completion that your style buds will recognize.
This hen spaghetti casserole additionally provides you the chance to sneak in some veggies that your youngsters gained’t even discover they’re consuming!
Baked Hen Spaghetti Substances
The components for this baked spaghetti casserole are primary, and most of them are most likely staples in your kitchen already.
- Spaghetti – Common or skinny spaghetti each work properly.
- Hen – hen breasts are great for this recipe, however you need to use leftover rotisserie hen or different hen you’ve available.
- Canned tomatoes
- Cream of mushroom soup – if you happen to like cream of hen soup can be utilized.
- American cheese – Cheddar cheese can be a superb choice for this recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Frozen peas
- All-purpose flour
How one can Make Hen Spaghetti Casserole
This baked hen spaghetti recipe is an uncomplicated dinner casserole with which to feed your loved ones. Right here’s the way you make this simple hen dish:
- Prepare dinner pasta the spaghetti in a pot in response to the bundle instructions. Drain the spaghetti noodles and put aside.
- Prepare dinner the bacon, onion, and garlic in a big pan.
- Add flour, stir it in, and prepare dinner it for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and milk, and prepare dinner till the combination is thickened.
- Stir within the American cheese.
- Add the spaghetti, hen, and peas. Stir to mix all of it.
- Place the combination in a 2½-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on prime.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
Hen Spaghetti Recipe Ideas
Don’t overcook the pasta. Boil the spaghetti till it’s simply al dente. It is going to proceed to prepare dinner within the oven and gained’t find yourself being too mushy.
This recipe has a topping of Parmesan cheese. You could possibly select to combine the Parmesan with shredded mozzarella for an much more tacky crust. These mixed cheeses give a melty texture and a stunning aged, nutty taste from the Parmesan.
Cowl the casserole dish when baking to maintain all the things moist. When you just like the cheese topping browned, pop the dish below the broiler for a couple of minutes proper earlier than serving.
This hen pasta casserole is a primary dish which you can tweak in varied methods to fit your household’s style preferences and your want to make use of up leftovers.
- For a barely spicy sauce, stir in some purple pepper flakes.
- When you like a herby style, combine in some freshly chopped basil, oregano, or parsley.
- Add extra veggies – sauteed purple bell pepper, spinach, or zucchini.
- If in case you have leftovers aside from hen, you need to use these as an alternative, e.g., baked ham or roast turkey.
What to Serve With Spaghetti Hen Casserole
Baked hen spaghetti is wealthy and fairly filling. It doesn’t want fussy facet dishes. So serve it with parmesan garlic bread, breadsticks, or Texas toast. It additionally pairs properly with a recent backyard salad, cucumber salad, spinach salad, or roasted broccoli.
How one can Retailer Hen Spaghetti
This hen casserole is an ideal make-ahead freezer meal. All it is advisable to do is pop it within the oven to bake the day it is advisable to serve it.
Maintain leftovers within the fridge, in a coated container for as much as 5 days. Reheat particular person parts within the microwave, beginning with 1 minute and including further time as wanted.
Make-Forward Fridge Directions
Cowl your casserole dish with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and refrigerate for as much as 2 days. When able to bake, take away the plastic wrap and re-cover with foil. Bake coated at 350 levels for 25-Half-hour, then uncover for 10-Quarter-hour till scorching and bubbly.
Make-Forward Freezer Directions
Line your baking dish with parchment paper earlier than filling it with pasta. Freeze till strong, after which use the parchment paper for popping the frozen pasta out. Place in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for as much as 4 months. The hen spaghetti is already pre-formed to your baking dish, so all you need to do is slide it again in whenever you’re prepared.
To Prepare dinner From Frozen
Place the pasta into the casserole dish and canopy with foil. Bake coated at 350 levels for 45-55 minutes, then take away the foil and prepare dinner one other 10 minutes till heated by.
Word: In case your baking dish is glass, thaw the spaghetti within the fridge first and bake per fridge directions. Most glass dishes can’t go immediately from freezer to oven.
Extra Baked Pasta Dishes
Favourite Casserole Recipes
Try extra of my simple casserole recipes and the very best hen dinner recipes right here on CopyKat!
Hen Spaghetti Casserole
Hen Spaghetti Casserole is a traditional Southern dish you’ll love. Creamy spaghetti is blended with hen, bacon, and cheese then baked to perfection.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 2 cups cubed hen absolutely cooked
- 10 ounces frozen inexperienced peas thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Break the spaghetti in half, and prepare dinner in response to the bundle instructions. Drain.
In a big saucepan, prepare dinner the bacon, onion, and garlic till the bacon is crisp.
Add the flour and whisk it into the bacon combination. Prepare dinner for 1 minute.
Add the undrained tomatoes, soup, and milk. Prepare dinner and stir till thickened and bubbly.
Add shredded American cheese and stir till it has melted.
Add the cooked spaghetti, cubed hen, and thawed peas.
Place the combination right into a 2½-quart casserole dish
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on prime.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Energy: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 18g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 763mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 675IU | Vitamin C: 20.7mg | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 2.3mg