This healthful Greek yogurt fruit tart comes along with a easy 3-ingredient crust, protein-packed Greek yogurt, and all of your favourite seasonal contemporary fruits. Naturally gluten free, this no-bake recipe comes collectively in minutes and is ideal for breakfast, brunch, or as a wholesome dessert.
Easy and flippantly candy, this Greek yogurt fruit tart is one among my favourite dishes to carry to any spring or summer season gathering when seasonal contemporary fruits are aplenty. With just some elements, it’s hardly even a recipe… however I knew this refreshing magnificence deserved a everlasting dwelling on my web site. I do know you’ll recognize having this no-bake recipe in your apron pocket, too!
I initially printed this recipe in 2015, and make it usually after I need a mild and wholesome dessert. Sorry, chocolate cake.
Like a fair simpler model of fruit pizza, at present’s Greek yogurt fruit tart is healthful and delightfully contemporary. Essentially the most tough half is reducing up the fruit, however should you use blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries, you skip that completely.
Actually, it doesn’t get simpler than this.
I really like together with this dessert on brunch menus as a result of it’s a gluten-free and egg-free choice. It’s additionally incredible for bridal showers, child showers, particular household gatherings, or alongside different Mom’s Day recipes or Father’s Day recipes. However you don’t want a special day… take pleasure in a slice for breakfast or as a lighter dessert on a heat summer season night.
A real *anytime* deal with that you could additionally be ok with!
3 Elements to This Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
They are saying that good issues are available in 3s, and the stunning layers on this Greek yogurt fruit tart are not any exception.
- Date Nut Crust: Makes this a naturally gluten-free recipe.
- Creamy Greek Yogurt: Use your favourite taste.
- Assorted Fruit: Fairly AND tasty.
Simple 3-Ingredient Crust
Sure, you learn that accurately. Simply 3 straightforward elements—cashews, almonds, and Medjool dates—come collectively for the crust of this tart.
The recipe used to name for simply cashews and dates, and the crust was definitely tasty, however it was very smooth and sticky. I actually just like the addition of almonds as a result of they add slightly texture. The crust remains to be good and smooth, however isn’t as flimsy. Style testers agreed, so that you’ll see that replace within the recipe beneath.
Begin by soaking the pitted dates in heat water for about 10 minutes, then lower them in half earlier than processing with the nuts. Why soak the dates first? They’ll mix a lot simpler with the nuts.
Mix cashews, almonds, and the soaked and halved dates in a food processor or blender, and pulse/mix till a moist “dough” kinds. Utilizing a spatula or the again of measuring cup, press the crust right into a lined 9-inch tart pan, ensuring to cowl the underside and up the edges. For those who don’t have a tart pan, use a 9-inch round cake pan or 9-inch pie dish.
Sure. Raisins or dried cranberries are a effective substitution.
Sure. For a nut-free crust, strive the shortbread crust from this lemon blueberry tart. Prolong the bake time to 25 minutes. Or strive the pastry crust from this contemporary fruit tart or the graham cracker crust from this peanut butter cup tart. Comply with the baking directions for these crusts. Cool fully earlier than including the yogurt and fruit.
Use Your Favourite Greek Yogurt
For the Greek yogurt filling, merely unfold your favourite taste into the crust. That’s actually it—no different elements or fillers required. (It’s like this recipe retains getting less complicated as we go on, eh?!) I normally use vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt as a result of it pairs properly with a wide range of fruits. Strawberry yogurt could be incredible with sliced strawberries on prime. Plain Greek yogurt works for a much less candy choice.
Add Your Fruit Toppings
In terms of the fruit topping, just about something goes. I like utilizing kiwi, mandarin oranges, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Be at liberty to make use of all or any of those toppings, or select your favourite number of contemporary fruits.
Get inventive with the fruit tart “artwork” on prime, and you should utilize my fruit pizza as design inspiration. Or should you’re serving a crowd, go away the tart plain and let visitors add their very own fruit. Children love to assist with this.
Finicky fruits: I don’t advocate watermelon because of its excessive water content material, or frozen fruit due to the juices they launch when thawing. You should use banana or apple slices, however they brown shortly. Brush them with slightly lemon juice and serve the tart straight away.
For an non-obligatory shiny end, you’ll be able to brush the contemporary fruit with a mix of apricot preserves and water.
What to Serve With Your Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
You don’t must serve this with anything if it’s for dessert (possibly some chocolate chips on prime?!). However should you’re serving this as a part of your brunch or breakfast menu, it rounds out properly with a breakfast casserole or quiche, or a batch of home made biscuits or croissants.
Extra Contemporary Fruit Recipes
For those who’re like me and search for any alternative to bake with seasonal contemporary fruits, listed below are a number of extra favorites:
This can be a wholesome no-bake breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten-free 3-ingredient crust, protein-packed Greek yogurt, and loads of contemporary fruit.
- Spray the underside of a 9-inch tart pan, 9-inch cake pan, or 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Line with parchment paper. (I normally simply lower a parchment paper circle barely bigger than the pan.) The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan, and the nonstick spray helps maintain the parchment in place as you press within the crust.
- Soak the dates in heat water for 10 minutes. Drain them, after which lower in half earlier than utilizing.
- In a meals processor or blender, pulse the dates, cashews, and almonds collectively till a thick “dough” is fashioned and the nuts are all damaged up, as pictured above. The dough can be sticky. Press evenly into ready tart pan and partly up the edges.
- Unfold the yogurt on prime of the crust. Enhance with contemporary fruit. Combine collectively the non-obligatory preserves and water topping, and brush over fruit for a shiny end.
- Slice and serve instantly or cowl and refrigerate for as much as 1 day earlier than serving. Cowl and retailer leftover tart within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Make Forward Directions: The crust might be made 1 day prematurely. Cowl tightly and maintain within the fridge till able to serve. Proceed with step 4.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): 9-Inch Tart Pan, 9-Inch Cake Pan, or 9-Inch Pie Dish | Food Processor or Blender/Chopper | Pastry Brush
- Dates: As a substitute of dates, strive 1 and 1/2 cups (240g) raisins or dried cranberries.
- Nuts: As a substitute of cashews, you should utilize walnuts or pistachios. You might additionally use all walnuts, as a substitute of almonds and cashews. I don’t advocate utilizing ALL cashews as a result of it makes for a really sticky, flimsy crust. You need some almonds (or different firmer nut) with the cashews. If desired, use salted nuts for a salty-sweet crust.
- Serving Measurement: 1 slice
- Energy: 239
- Sugar: 26.9 g
- Sodium: 8.4 mg
- Fats: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Key phrases: wholesome greek yogurt fruit tart