This 6-ingredient peanut butter ice cream pie combines an Oreo cookie crust, further creamy peanut butter ice cream filling, swirls of peanut butter, and many Reese’s Items. It’s the proper go-to summer season dessert recipe as a result of it’s astoundingly simple to make, contains ice cream, and a lot of the prep is hands-off, because the freezer does the work! 100% assured to be wolfed up, and everybody will request you make it many times.
Don’t get me improper. I really like serving show-stopping desserts like tiramisu, crème brûlée, and baked Alaska. However there’s a part of me (the drained dad or mum facet of me, maybe) that enjoys throwing collectively a senseless 6-ingredient dessert that pleases everybody. I prep it the day earlier than, let it freeze in a single day, and watch as everybody FLOCKS TO IT.
I’ve usually made this simple pie for birthday events, and it takes roughly 500% much less effort than a do-it-yourself birthday cake. Really, a dessert that tastes this good and is that this simple to make ought to actually be some kind of sugar crime.
Right here’s Why Everybody Loves This Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- Tastes scrumptious
- Completely no-bake
- Makes everybody comfortable
- The ingredient listing couldn’t be simpler
- Welcomes substitutions, resembling utilizing one other taste ice cream if there’s a peanut allergy
- Easy ornament & garnish
Right here’s Precisely What You Want:
- Food processor, or use a rolling pin and zipped-top bag to crush Oreos (it’s how one can crush the Reese’s Items, too!)
- Electrical mixer (handheld or stand mixer)
- A 9-inch springform pan, the identical I like to recommend for cheesecake and peach cake
- A freezer
- Oreos and melted butter for the crust
- Heavy cream
- Peanut butter ice cream
- Peanut butter
- Reese’s Items
- Elective whipped cream for garnish (you already want heavy cream for the filling!)
An Oreo cookie crust is the bottom of in the present day’s dessert, the identical I take advantage of for this common peanut butter pie and peanut butter Butterfinger cheesecake. Mix crushed Oreos (the complete Oreo… cookie AND the filling) and melted butter. Press into your springform pan. No have to bake! A graham cracker crust works too.
The Filling Is Semi-Selfmade
I’ve made this peanut butter ice cream pie on repeat every summer season since I first printed the recipe in 2013. The peanut butter filling combines peanut butter ice cream and unsweetened whipped cream. I used to make use of frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip) within the filling, however everybody loves it extra after I use unsweetened whipped cream.
Do you know that do-it-yourself whipped cream can exchange Cool Whip in practically any recipe? I don’t add sugar to it when utilizing it in in the present day’s filling.
It’s simple: you simply want heavy cream. Whip it, after which fold it into softened peanut butter ice cream. The mix of the 2 produces a softer, creamier pie filling than while you use simply ice cream. Simpler to eat with a fork!
Fold the whipped cream (above) into softened peanut butter ice cream, after which unfold half into the cookie crust.
Now we’re getting loopy… soften peanut butter and drizzle over half of the filling, then high with remaining filling. Drizzle with extra melted peanut butter and sprinkle with crushed Reese’s Items. That’s it, your work is finished. Off to the freezer!
Be happy to swap the peanut butter ice cream for one more taste. You’ll be able to skip the melted peanut butter, or exchange with warmed Nutella and even chocolate ganache. Be happy to skip the crushed Reese’s Items, or exchange with chocolate chips, crushed M&Ms or Oreos, or one other favourite ice cream topping.
Folding unsweetened whipped cream (simply heavy cream that has been whipped) makes for a lighter, creamier filling that’s simpler to slice, serve, and eat. With out it, the peanut butter ice cream is fairly agency.
Place Reese’s Items in a zipped-top bag, seize a rolling pin, and bang away! That is how I crush sweet canes for peppermint bark, too. Nice stress reliever!
Freeze the ready peanut butter ice cream pie for at the very least 6 hours, and as much as 48 hours. I often make it the night time earlier than I want it.
Earlier than serving, garnish the frozen peanut butter ice cream pie with sweetened whipped cream, extra melted peanut butter, and an additional sprinkle of crushed Reese’s Items. These ending touches are elective, however tremendous easy since you want a lot of the objects for the precise recipe, too.
When you want a celebratory cake or birthday cake, do this peanut butter ice cream pie. It’s worlds simpler than an precise cake, will be made forward with out sacrificing texture, and is beloved simply as a lot (if no more!).
Success Tip: Reducing Into Ice Cream Pie
Let the pie sit at room temperature for five minutes earlier than slicing. Use your sharpest knife, and dip it in a glass of sizzling water earlier than every lower.
And when you’re on the lookout for one thing a bit bigger, I even have this 5-layer ice cream cake recipe. It takes a bit extra time to place collectively as a result of there are just a few layers, however the outcomes are all the time high notch. When you like CAKE together with your ice cream, strive my ice cream loaf cake as an alternative!
This 6-ingredient peanut butter ice cream pie combines a no-bake Oreo cookie crust, further creamy peanut butter ice cream filling, swirls of peanut butter, and many Reese’s Items. Make it forward of time, and be at liberty to make use of one other taste ice cream. See recipe Word.
Oreo Cookie Crust
- Make the crust: In a food processor or blender/chopper, pulse 22 Oreos (together with the cream filling) right into a nice crumb. It is best to have about 2 cups (packed) crumbs, or 250g. Pour crumbs into a big bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to mix. The combination can be thick and fairly moist. Attempt to smash/break up any massive chunks. Pour the combination into an ungreased 9-inch springform pan (that’s at the very least 2.5-3 inches deep). With medium strain utilizing your hand, pat the crumbs down into the underside and up the perimeters to make a compact, thick crust.
- Make the filling: Utilizing a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream on medium-high velocity till stiff peaks type, about 3–4 minutes. When you unintentionally over-whip the cream, and it appears curdled and heavy, pour in a bit bit extra chilly heavy cream, and fold it in gently by hand with a spatula till it smooths out.
- Fold softened ice cream into the whipped cream. This can take a pair minutes, because the ice cream is way stiffer than the whipped cream.
- Spoon half of the filling into the ready crust. Drizzle half of the melted peanut butter over the filling. Unfold the remainder of the filling on high as finest you'll be able to, and drizzle with remaining melted peanut butter. Sprinkle with crushed Reese’s Items. Cowl and freeze for at the very least 6 hours and as much as 48 hours.
- Take away from the freezer and be at liberty to garnish with extra melted peanut butter, crushed Reese’s Items, and whipped cream. I used Wilton 1M piping tip for the whipped cream within the pictured pie.
- Enable frozen pie to take a seat at room temperature for five minutes to melt barely earlier than slicing and serving. For neat slices, use your sharpest knife, and dip it in some sizzling water earlier than every lower.
- Cowl and retailer leftover pie within the freezer for as much as 5 days.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Food Processor or Blender/Chopper | 9-inch Springform Pan | Electrical Mixer (Handheld or Stand Mixer) | Piping Bag (Disposable or Reusable) and Wilton 1M piping tip (for elective whipped cream topping)
- Can I Use a Graham Cracker Crust? Sure. Be happy to exchange the Oreo cookie crust with this graham cracker crust. No have to bake it.
- Ice Cream: Any model of peanut butter ice cream is okay. I often use Reese’s model, which has peanut butter cups inside. You may also use frozen yogurt, or one other taste. Be sure you test the dimensions of the ice cream carton. Most cartons are 1.5 quarts. You solely want 1 quart for this recipe.
- What Can I Use As a substitute of Peanut Butter? Be happy to swap the peanut butter ice cream for one more taste resembling chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, cookie dough, and many others. You'll be able to skip the melted peanut butter, or exchange with warmed Nutella and even chocolate ganache (whereas it’s nonetheless heat!). Be happy to skip the crushed Reese’s Items, or exchange with chocolate chips, crushed M&Ms or Oreos, or one other favourite ice cream topping. I discover M&Ms bleed their coloration a bit into the ice cream, so hold that in thoughts.
Key phrases: peanut butter ice cream pie