High quality Meat Scotland (QMS) mentioned that levy payers will hear how the trade physique will ship its five-year technique and make the nation “the selection for premium purple meat” at varied workshops in Scotland.
A collection of regional workshops will let members see how a primary levy enhance in additional than a decade will assist QMS to proceed to help the provision chain and to fulfill its goals, mentioned the commerce physique.
Levy payers may also be capable of have their say on what they want to see from the technique.
The night occasions (7pm-9pm) can be hosted all through Scotland to offer as many levy payers as doable the prospect to have interaction. The workshop dates are:
- Monday twentieth November – Vacation Inn, The Crichton, Dumfries
- Wednesday twenty second November – United Auctions, Stirling Agricultural Centre
- Wednesday twenty second November – Lawrie & Symington Ltd, Lanark Agricultural Centre
- Thursday twenty third November – Ben Wyvis Lodge, Strathpeffer, Dingwall
- Tuesday twenty eighth November – ANM, Thainstone Agricultural Centre, Inverurie
- Wednesday twenty ninth November – Kirriemuir Golf Membership, Angus
- Wednesday twenty ninth November – The Royal, Oban
- Thursday thirtieth November – Mercure Lodge, Ayr
- Monday 4th December – Carfraemill Lodge, Lauder, Scottish Borders
- Tuesday fifth December – Kirkwall Lodge, Harbour Road, Orkney
- Wednesday sixth December – Pentland Lodge, Princes Road, Thurso
Kate Rowell, chair of QMS, mentioned: “These workshops will give levy payers a wonderful alternative to search out out extra about our present advertising and marketing exercise, hear about our plans for the longer term in addition to to ask questions on our technique.
“Because the world gears as much as compete for high-value UK retail market entry, levy our bodies have to be able to ship on behalf of companies inside their provide chains. QMS has not requested a levy enhance since 2010, and we wish to stay match for the way forward for Scotland’s iconic Scotch manufacturers, promotional work and market growth.
“On the workshops, we’ll talk about the supply of our technique and, as agreed by the QMS board, a proposed levy enhance to fund this very important work.
“To proceed to ship good worth for cash and integral help to Scotland’s purple meat provide chain, in addition to to make sure that rising prices are managed, QMS will suggest a brand new mechanism for setting the levy from Spring 2024, including a small CPI linked rise every year to make sure our monetary mannequin stays sustainable. This mechanism can be reviewed on the finish of the 5 years, to make sure it stays match for goal.”