These roasted pink potatoes are absolute perfection, filled with taste because of garlic, herbs, and Parmesan. Superbly crisp on the surface, tender and fluffy inside. Probably the most splendidly versatile facet dish for any meal!
One of many cornerstones of Sunday dinners at my grandma’s home was her well-known roasted potatoes. Since she handed away, we realized that whereas so many people had helped with the potatoes at one time or one other, nobody may really get them to prove precisely like my grandma’s.
So, a few years in the past, I got down to discover my very own roasted potato recipe that I may make week after week that was scrumptious and that everybody liked. These crispy roasted pink potatoes delivered, because of all the flavour from garlic, herbs, and Parmesan cheese.
The Greatest Seasonings for Roasted Potatoes
These potatoes are LOADED with garlic and herbs and don’t lack taste! We use the next dried herbs:
These are along with salt, pepper, and contemporary parsley, which is stirred in on the finish.
I like utilizing dried herbs for simplicity, however you possibly can substitute contemporary herbs if you happen to’d like, utilizing a 3:1 ratio of contemporary herbs to dried ones.
You too can use totally different herbs primarily based in your preferences, comparable to rosemary, an Italian seasoning mix, herbs de Provence, and so on. And you too can add some totally different spices to the salt and pepper, comparable to paprika, onion powder, and even a contact of cayenne if you’d like just a little spice.
Prepping the Purple Potatoes for Roasting
The potatoes are simple to prep; only a few fast steps:
- Scrub the potatoes or wash them nicely with water – There is no such thing as a must peel them – the pores and skin is skinny and waxy and supplies a whole lot of taste, so make sure you depart it on!
- Dry the potatoes – You should definitely allow them to dry totally in order that they crisp up within the oven. If the pores and skin remains to be damp, it received’t get crispy.
- Lower in even-size items – Chopping the potatoes uniformly ensures that they’ll cook dinner evenly and also you received’t be left with some burnt potatoes whereas others aren’t achieved sufficient.
Easy methods to Make Them
These potatoes are fast to get within the oven, however a few particular steps towards the top make them extraordinary! Right here’s a brief overview:
- As soon as the potatoes are washed, dried, and lower, put them in a big bowl and toss them with olive oil, garlic, herbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Flip them out onto a big pan – I like to recommend a half-sheet pan or a full-sheet pan in case your oven can accommodate it. Unfold the potatoes out into a good layer.
- As soon as the potatoes are golden brown and crisp, take the tray out of the oven and sprinkle with small butter cubes, stirring to assist it soften. Then stir in contemporary parsley and serve!
Making roasted potatoes is fairly easy, however listed here are a number of notes and reminders to make sure that they’re the most effective:
- Depart the pores and skin on – They’re much extra flavorful and crisp with the pores and skin on!
- Dry them utterly – This ensures that they crisp up within the oven.
- Lower them evenly – Take the time to chop the potatoes into items the identical measurement in order that they cook dinner evenly.
- Unfold in a single layer – Make it possible for there are not any potatoes on prime of each other – it will maintain them from getting crispy; they want their very own house 🙂
- Be affected person – Getting the potatoes tremendous golden brown and crispy takes a while, so depart them within the oven till they’re there!
- Storing Leftovers – Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. To reheat, toss them in a dry skillet or place them in a toaster oven to maintain them crispy!
If you happen to don’t have pink potatoes however nonetheless need to make this recipe, you should use different potatoes. The 2 commonest substitutes are:
- Russet potatoes – These are fluffier than pink potatoes, and you’ll roast them with their pores and skin on or peeled (I all the time decide to go away the pores and skin on).
- Yukon gold potatoes – My go-to for the most effective mashed potatoes! You too can use these to roast, however they’re in all probability my least favourite for roasting. Depart the pores and skin on, and so they might take additional time to get crisp.
What to Serve with Roasted Purple Potatoes
These potatoes make a superb facet dish to serve alongside practically any meal, however listed here are a number of strategies for principal dishes and veggies to finish your menu:
Different Favourite Potato Recipes
Whether or not they’re mashed, roasted, baked, and even French fries, potatoes are all the time a house run! Listed below are extra of our favorites:
Roasted Purple Potatoes Video:
If you happen to make this roasted potatoes recipe and like it, keep in mind to cease again and provides it a 5-star score – it helps others discover the recipe! ❤️️
Roasted Purple Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs
Superb roasted pink potatoes which can be stuffed with taste and bake up golden brown and crisp.
- 3 kilos petite pink potatoes, scrubbed and halved (quartered if additional giant)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅓ cup (33 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter, lower into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced contemporary parsley
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Evenly grease a big baking sheet.
In a big bowl, toss the potatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese till evenly coated. Flip the combination out onto the ready baking sheet and organize in a single layer.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning with a spatula two or 3 times, till golden brown and crisp. Pull the tray out and sprinkle the butter over the potatoes and stir to soften the butter. Take away from the oven and toss with the contemporary parsley. Serve instantly.
- Pan Suggestions: Half-sheet pan or a full-sheet pan.
- Potatoes – You possibly can substitute russet or Yukon gold potatoes (see dialogue above).
- Herbs – You should utilize totally different herbs and spices (see strategies above).
- Substituting Recent Herbs – Substitute contemporary herbs utilizing a 3:1 ratio of contemporary to dry.
- Potato Prep – Scrub, depart the pores and skin on and guarantee they’re COMPLETELY dry.
- Storing Leftovers – Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Reheating: To maintain them crispy whereas reheating, toss them in a dry skillet or place them in a toaster oven.
Dietary values are primarily based on one serving.
Energy: 229kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 11g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Ldl cholesterol: 11mg, Sodium: 532mg, Potassium: 793mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 220IU, Vitamin C: 16.7mg, Calcium: 74mg, Iron: 1.7mg