IN this week’s episode, 88-year-old beef processing business veteran Allan Teys displays on his experiences stretching throughout seven a long time within the crimson meat and livestock business.
Weekly Grill host Kerry Lonergan digs deep into the business’s eventful previous on this interview with Mr Teys, who earlier than retirement headed the Teys processing enterprise for greater than 35 years and represented the business as a long-standing chairman of the Australian Meat Business Council and its predecessors. The pair discover the evolution of the multi-generational Teys enterprise – from humble beginnings as retail butchers in Brisbane to small scale abattoir operations, and onwards to develop into the business powerhouse it’s as we speak.
He lower his enamel shopping for cattle at Brisbane’s outdated Cannon Hill saleyards within the Fifties.
Mr Teys displays on the nice instances, in addition to the unhealthy, and the colorful in addition to the sober – together with the 1974 Beef Hunch, dealings with the late Kerry Packer through the Consolidated Meat Group alliance, and the relationships between producers and processors.
For any college students of the historical past of the Australian beef business, this interview offers an necessary useful resource.
Beef Central’s Weekly Grill podcasts delivered to readers by Zoetis and Elders.
- Genetics innovator Tom Bull
- MLA’s analysis, improvement and adoption supervisor, Mick Crowley
- Andy Hearnden, government chef with beef processor Kilcoy International Meals in Queensland.
- Low Stress Inventory Dealing with founder Jim Lindsay
- NT Cattlemens Affiliation president David Connolly
- Kimberley Meat Co chief, David Larkin
- Beef Central’s man-on-the-ground in Indonesia, Ross Ainsworth
- Meat processing legend, Trevor Lee
- Working canine legend Frank Finger
- New Federal Agriculture Minister, Murray Watt
- Wagyu Affiliation president and 2022 Zanda McDonald award winner, Charlie Perry
- Newest cattle market wrap with TEM’s Matt Dalgleish and Stockco’s Chris Howie
- Cattle Baron Peter Hughes
- ALFA president Barb Madden
- Creator and rural id Sally Warriner
- Australia’s chief vet Mark Schipp, on Lumpy Pores and skin Illness and different key biosecurity points
- Herron Todd White’s Tim Lane
- RCS’s Terry McCosker on carbon
- Beef processing plant supervisor Wasa Mudannayake
- Head of asset efficiency for Macquarie Group’s MIRA Agriculture division, together with Paraway Pastoral Co, Jock Whittle
- Veteran beef business chief David Crombie
- Beef Central’s common reside export market commentator and columnist Dr Ross Ainsworth
- Cattle market wrap with TEM’s Matt Dalgleish and Stockco’s Chris Howie
- Australian meat Business Council’s Patrick Hutchinson
- Agriculture Minister David Littleproud
- Council of Australia president Markus Rathsmann
- Patrick Warmoll, the boss of Jack’s Creek Wagyu
- Veteran pastoral firm government Roger Halliwell
- Retired non-packer beef exporter, Richard Rains
- Carbon buying and selling skilled Toby Grogan from Impression Agriculture
- Purple Meat Advisory Council chair John McKillop
- Stud cattle exhibiting identities Gary Noller and Rob Sinnamon
- Veteran Victorian cattle purchaser David Ronalds
- Beef processing legend ACC’s David Foote
- Dwell export class motion facilitator Tracey Hayes
- Signature Beef’s Blair Angus
- Consolidated Pastoral Co chief and Livecorp chairman Troy Setter
- Vitamin scientist and MLA board member Manny Noakes
- CCA unbiased northern and southern administrators Alice Greenup and Olivia Lawson
- Australian Agricultural Co head Hugh Killen
- Sydney unbiased crimson meat retailer Stephen Kelly
- lotfeeder Charlie Mort
- Processor and provide chain supervisor, Terry Nolan
- Livestock transport operator Ross Fraser
- Natural provide chain supervisor Alister Ferguson