This straightforward cheesecake recipe affords all the yummy goodness of a traditional cheesecake however with means much less problem and in a fraction of the time. Designed for a 9×13 inch baking dish, this recipe permits you to skip the springform pan and water bathtub and get straight to scrumptious consuming.
An Straightforward Cheesecake Recipe for a Crowd
I hear you. Cheesecake may be intimidating. I occur to like spending hours within the kitchen baking my favourite dessert however I additionally perceive that generally there’s simply not sufficient time! This straightforward cheesecake recipe is ideal for these moments.
A vanilla cheesecake filling over a traditional Graham Cracker crust brings to the desk all the candy, tangy, creaminess of a traditional cheesecake. The cool half about it’s that it’s meant to be baked sans water bathtub and sans springform pan. So that you don’t want something fancier than a standard 9×13-inch baking pan. Plus, the entire thing is prepped, baked, and cooled in a fraction of the time it could take to make a standard cheesecake. Give it a attempt!
Why You’ll Love this Cheesecake Recipe
This easy, straightforward cheesecake recipe is ideal for these searching for all the joys of cheesecake with much less of the complexity. Listed here are some issues that make this recipe fairly improbable in my eyes.
- No water bathtub. Water baths are intimidating. I get it. This recipe is nice as a result of it takes away the fuss of utilizing one. Simply bake instantly within the oven in a 9×13-inch pan.
- No fancy pan. Most cheesecakes require you to make use of a 9-inch springform pan. It makes it simpler to take away the cake from the pan and serve. Not everybody has a springform pan, nevertheless, and this recipe permits you to make due with out one.
- It doesn’t take as lengthy. My straightforward cheesecake recipe requires fairly a bit much less baking and cooling time than does a traditional cheesecake. So you can be in your approach to delighting your style buds very quickly.
- Versatile. As a result of that is “simply” a vanilla cheesecake, it is vitally versatile within the sense which you can prime it with just about something you’d like. Try the “Toppings Concepts” part beneath for a few of my favorites.
- It travels nicely. No cake provider wanted. This cheesecake comes out of the oven prepared to move to your subsequent gathering (after it cools and chills in fact).
What You’ll Want
It doesn’t take a lot to make this straightforward vanilla cheesecake. Right here’s a listing of what you’ll want. Scroll to the recipe beneath for detailed measurements.
For the crust
- Graham cracker crumbs – You might additionally use Nilla wafers and even oreos right here. Seek advice from my Greatest Oreo Cheesecake recipe to learn to use Oreos as a substitute.
- Sugar – Use granulated sugar right here.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted is okay.
For the filling
- Cream cheese – It is extremely necessary that the cream cheese is at room temperature. Whether it is too chilly, it is not going to combine nicely with the opposite components and you’ll find yourself with a clumpy filling. You additionally need to use brick-style cream cheese, not the sort within the tub.
- Sugar – Use granulated sugar.
- All-purpose flour – Be happy to make use of your favourite 1:1 gluten-free flour as a substitute.
- Bitter cream – Just like the cream cheese, the bitter cream must be at room temperature with a view to obtain a easy batter.
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs – Begin with room-temperature massive eggs. They may incorporate extra simply with the opposite components, providing you with a smoother filling.
How one can Make This Cheesecake Recipe
In a fraction of the time it takes to make a traditional cheesecake, you should have your self a scrumptious dessert that sacrifices nothing within the realm of taste or texture. Here’s a transient rundown on the best way to make this 9×13-inch straightforward cheesecake. Scroll to the recipe beneath for extra detailed directions.
To make the crust
- Prep. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- Mix the crust components and press the combination into the underside of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
To make the cheesecake
- Prep. Cut back the oven temperature to 300°F.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and flour on low velocity till easy earlier than including the bitter cream and vanilla extract and mixing till easy.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing till easy after every addition.
- Bake. Pour the batter over the crust and bake for half-hour.
- Cool. Flip off the oven and depart the cheesecake within the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes earlier than cracking the door and leaving it for an extra quarter-hour.
- Chill the cheesecake within the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Ideas for Success
Whereas this hassle-free cheesecake is far much less finicky than its traditional counterparts, there are a number of ideas and tips used to make a standard cheesecake that also needs to be utilized right here. I’ve highlighted a couple of beneath however make certain to take a look at my publish on How one can Make the Good Cheesecake for extra.
- Begin with room-temperature components. As with all cheesecake, it’s essential to start out with room-temperature cream cheese, bitter cream, and eggs. They may combine rather more easily with one another and the opposite required components than they’d in chilled type. So, for a easy cheesecake filling, begin with these components at room temperature.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing (or mixing on too excessive of a velocity) cheesecake batter will incorporate air into the filling. The air bubbles work to trigger the cheesecake to crack because it bakes. So combine low and sluggish for a cheesecake that’s not solely tasty but in addition visually interesting.
- Keep away from over-baking. If you want to keep away from a cracked, dry cheesecake, attempt to not overbake. Try my publish on How one can Know When Your Cheesecake is Completed for some pointers.
- Cool steadily. Permitting the cheesecake to sit down within the closed oven after which within the cracked oven after baking is a vital a part of the cheesecake course of. It’ll permit the dessert to bake absolutely with the additional benefit of stopping cracks within the cheesecake.
One in all my favourite issues about this fast vanilla cheesecake is the truth that it’s so versatile. It boasts a easy, vanilla taste which is the right base for quite a lot of toppings. Right here come a few of my favorites.
How one can Retailer Cheesecake
Within the off likelihood that this creamy cheesecake doesn’t fly out of the pan throughout the first couple of hours of being prepared, you’ll be able to simply retailer it within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Merely wrap the pan in saran wrap and place it within the fridge.
Can I Freeze It?
Sure, you’ll be able to! Simply wrap the pan in saran wrap and place it within the freezer. Alternatively, you’ll be able to slice the chilled cheesecake, flash freeze the items (pop them within the freezer for a few hours to agency up), and both wrap them individually or retailer them collectively in an hermetic container. Should you select to retailer the slices collectively, make certain to separate any layers with parchment paper to stop sticking.
In both case, the cheesecake will maintain nicely within the freezer for as much as 3 months. When you find yourself able to get pleasure from, switch the cake or the specified parts to the fridge to thaw earlier than diving in.
Extra Cheesecake Recipes to Strive
I really like cheesecake. I used to be thrilled to share this recipe with you as a result of I believe it makes my favourite dessert a bit extra accessible to the house baker. That being stated, I’ve a myriad of different cheesecake recipes to share with you. Listed here are some which were thrilling me these days.
A delightfully creamy vanilla cheesecake with a Graham Cracker crust however with no water bathtub or springform pan required? Signal me up!
For the crust
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, melted
For the filling
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (230g) bitter cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 massive eggs, room temperature
To make the crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- Mix the crust components in a small bowl. Press the combination into the underside of the ready pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then put aside to chill.
To make the cheesecake
- Cut back the oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- In a big bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low velocity till nicely mixed and easy. Remember to use low velocity to cut back the quantity of air added to the batter, which might trigger cracks. Scrape down the perimeters of the bowl.
- Add the bitter cream and vanilla extract and blend on low velocity till nicely mixed.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing slowly to mix after every addition. Scrape down the perimeters of the bowl as wanted to ensure all the pieces is nicely mixed.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crust and unfold evenly. Bake the cheesecake for half-hour.
- Flip off the oven and depart the cheesecake within the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
- Crack the door of the oven, with the cheesecake inside, for quarter-hour. This sluggish cooling course of helps stop the cheesecake from cracking.
- Put the cheesecake within the fridge to chill fully, 3-4 hours.
- Serve the cheesecake together with your favourite toppings. I used my selfmade whipped cream and contemporary fruit. Retailer the cheesecake within the fridge, nicely coated. Cheesecake is greatest if eaten inside 3-4 days.
- Serving Measurement: 1 Slice
- Energy: 417
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 355.2 mg
- Fats: 27.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 108.7 mg
Key phrases: straightforward cheesecake recipe, no water bathtub cheesecake