My strawberry cheesecake recipe makes a clean, creamy vanilla cheesecake topped with a brightly flavored, recent strawberry topping. It’s made fully from scratch and made WITHOUT a water tub! Recipe features a how-to video!
Candy Strawberry Cheesecake
Hellooooo candy summertime dessert. It’s downright surprising how lengthy it’s taken me to get this strawberry cheesecake up on the weblog to share.
Maybe my most requested cheesecake twist (and one of the vital traditional flavors), this website has been sorely lacking this sweet-tart-tangy-creamy-out-of-this-world deal with. Right now I add it to the ranks of my different decadently jazzed-up cheesecakes like my key lime cheesecake and peppermint bark cheesecake, and let me say it’s a welcome addition.
My recipe makes use of my crisp graham cracker crust, creamy, traditional cheesecake filling, and a vibrant, candy strawberry topping. Like my different cheesecake recipes, this strawberry cheesecake is made with out a water tub and is 100% from scratch. The topping comes collectively rapidly and may be made with recent OR frozen berries. Really easy!
Cracks aren’t a lot of a priority right here since we might be overlaying the highest of our cheesecake, however I’m personally a stickler about ensuring my cheesecake by no means finally ends up with them. If you’re a newbie or are also a perfectionist, positively learn by way of this submit in its entirety for many suggestions for clean, crack-free outcomes.
What You Want
Surprisingly, this strawberry cheesecake requires simply 11 components, and that’s accounting for the crust, filling, and the strawberry topping. As a bonus, I’d be keen to wager most of them are already in your kitchen. Listed below are a couple of key notes earlier than we start:
- Cream cheese. In the event you’ve made any of my different cheesecakes, you already know simply how necessary it’s to make use of full-fat, brick-style cream cheese. Low-fat cream cheese or the sort offered in tubs simply received’t provide the correct texture, sadly. Let the bricks come fully to room temperature earlier than starting so you might have clean, lump-free outcomes.
- Eggs. It’s essential that your eggs are at room temperature; eggs which might be too chilly received’t incorporate simply, which may trigger you to over-beat your batter. Not solely can this trigger cracks, however it may possibly additionally trigger your strawberry cheesecake to puff up, then sink.
- Bitter cream. I really like the depth of taste from bitter cream; to me, you merely can’t make cheesecake with out it! Plain, full fats Greek yogurt can even work right here. And sure, this ingredient ought to ideally be at room temperature too, although it’s not as vital because the cream cheese or eggs.
- Strawberries. The flavour of your strawberry topping is extremely depending on the flavour of your berries, so make sure that yours are juicy, ripe, and flavorful. This recipe is ideal for fresh-picked summer season strawberries, but it surely additionally works nicely with frozen berries.
- Cornstarch. This creates a secure strawberry topping, however it is going to barely cloud the colourful purple shade. I embrace notes within the recipe card for those who desire to not use the cornstarch (simply save the sauce individually and prime particular person slices after chopping).
SAM’S TIP: In case you’ll be able to’t inform, it’s necessary to ensure ALL of your cheesecake components are at room temperature earlier than beginning! That is vital for making certain a clean, beautifully-textured cheesecake.
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the components I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the submit!
Tips on how to Make Strawberry Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugars, then stir within the melted butter.
- Press the combination into the underside and up the perimeters of a springform pan. Attempt to get the crust as excessive up the perimeters as doable–it will assist forestall cracks. Set this apart whilst you put together your filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar till clean, creamy, and nicely mixed. Use a spatula to scrape the perimeters and backside of the bowl to ensure every thing is included, then stir within the bitter cream and vanilla.
- Add the eggs separately, mixing solely till simply mixed after every.
- Pour the combination into your ready springform pan and bake at 325F for 45-50 minutes or till the cheesecake is generally performed, however the heart continues to be jiggly.
- Take away the cheesecake from the oven and let it sit at room temperature till it not heat to the contact. Switch the cheesecake to the fridge to sit back for not less than 6 hours, or if doable, in a single day.
- Whisk collectively the sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan, then add the water, lemon juice, and half of the strawberries. Flip the warmth to medium-low and cook dinner, stirring consistently.
- Take away the sauce from the warmth as soon as the berries have damaged down and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir within the butter and remaining berries till mixed, then pour right into a heatproof bowl to chill. You may place this within the fridge to hurry up the cooling course of.
- Spoon the cooled topping over the chilled cheesecake, slice, and serve.
SAM’S TIP: As tempting at it might be, don’t open the oven to examine in your strawberry cheesecake until you’re very near the top of the bake time. Opening the oven regularly or too quickly may cause a drastic change in temperature which causes…you guessed it: cracks!
Steadily Requested Questions
I attempted making this strawberry cheesecake fairly a couple of methods, together with including strawberries into the batter. I didn’t personally like how the berries affected the feel of the cheesecake although; they tended to weep and make issues a bit mushy. So I like to recommend retaining them on prime solely!
The most effective issues you are able to do to stop cracks is to ensure your crust is pressed increased up the perimeters of the springform pan than the batter is. Doing this permits the crust to shrink with the cheesecake because it cools, eliminating the stress that may trigger cracks.
One other factor you are able to do is make sure that your strawberry cheesecake cools slowly; don’t take it straight from the oven to the fridge. I let mine cool at room temperature earlier than chilling, however you’ll be able to flip the oven off and open the door partway to assist it cool even extra slowly.
I personally suppose a crisp graham cracker crust works greatest because it’s delicate, traditional, and lets the opposite flavors of the cheesecake shine by way of. In the event you’d prefer to make an Oreo crust to your strawberry cheesecake, you’ll be able to mix 35 pulverized Oreo cookies (simply the cookies, not the cream filling!) with 5 tablespoons of butter and press it into your pan as directed beneath. That is the crust I exploit for my Oreo cheesecake; I don’t advocate utilizing my common Oreo crust for this cheesecake, because it might leak out the springform pan.
Love fruity cheesecakes? Strive my blueberry cheesecake or lemon cheesecake subsequent!
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! In the event you do this recipe, you’ll want to tag me on Instagram, and you too can discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Servings: 12 servings
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Graham Cracker Crust
In a medium-sized bowl, stir collectively the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Stir within the melted butter till all the graham cracker crumbs are moistened.
1 ½ cups (170 g) graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 Tablespoon mild brown sugar, 5 Tablespoons (74 g) unsalted butter, melted
Press the graham cracker combination evenly into the underside and up the perimeters of a 9” springform pan. Use the underside and sides of a glass to assist do that. Put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sugar utilizing an electrical mixer on medium-low velocity till clean, creamy, and fully mixed. Scrape the aspect and backside of the bowl with a spatula to make sure the components are totally mixed.
24 oz (680 g) cream cheese, 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
Stir within the bitter cream and vanilla extract till simply mixed.
½ cup bitter cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add the eggs, separately, stirring till simply mixed after every addition. Don’t over-mix or cheesecake will puff within the oven when baking.
3 massive eggs
Pour the batter evenly into the ready springform pan and bake at 325F (160C) for 45-50 minutes. The middle might be barely jiggly however the cheesecake ought to be largely set (video gives a visible at 7:50).
Enable the cheesecake to chill at room temperature till it’s not heat then switch it to the fridge to sit back for not less than 6 hours. Ideally, let it sit in a single day. Don’t take away the springform collar till you’re able to serve.
In a small saucepan, whisk collectively the sugar and cornstarch. Add half of the strawberries, the water, and the lemon juice and set the stovetop to medium/low warmth. Stir consistently till the strawberries launch their juices and start to crumble simply when pierced with a fork and the sauce thickens.
1 ½ lb recent or frozen strawberries, ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, 1 ½ Tablespoon cornstarch, 2 Tablespoon water, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Take away the sauce from warmth, add the remaining strawberries and butter and stir till mixed. Pour the combination right into a heatproof bowl and let it cool till not heat to the contact (you’ll be able to place within the fridge to hurry up the method) earlier than pouring over set cheesecake.
1 Tablespoon butter
Serve instantly (topping might be free and messy if served instantly) or let topping set for not less than an hour within the fridge for neat slicing.
Contemporary or frozen will work. If utilizing recent, I weigh my strawberries earlier than hulling/quartering
Cornstarch makes for a thicker, extra secure topping. As soon as the topping has cooled fully, will probably be simpler to chop and received’t spill over the perimeters of the pan or be messy. In the event you desire a looser consistency or intend to easily spoon the topping over particular person slices after chopping, it’s possible you’ll omit this ingredient.
Cowl springform pan with foil or plastic wrap and retailer within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1062IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and ought to be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.