Pals, hello! Good Sunday to you.
We’ve gently entered the fourth month of the yr and okay possibly it was a frenzied mess making an attempt to wrap up March’s duties however what’s executed is finished and what’s not executed will discover it’s time and place. Let’s all simply stick with it like we knew this month was coming and we anticipated time to fly the best way it does.
I received’t cross a blooming magnolia tree with out stopping to scent its flowers. The honeysuckle scent is so tender and gentle. It amazes me each time. I can present a map of the perfect magnolia timber round Memorial Park if it is advisable discover the identical solace.
Information this week has left me heartsick as we once more should mourn with families in Nashville and for servicemen in Fort Campbell Kentucky. I don’t know easy methods to make it make sense so this week’s hyperlinks are a break from the information cycle. Please, as all the time, take what you want:
• Essentially the most lovely learn of this week is Samuel Ligon’s essay on time and fiction and alarm clocks and household: The Transcendence of the Clock (Literary Hub)
• For those who’re like me, this subsequent one is basically going to emphasize you out and I’m sorry upfront: Stressed Plants “Cry’ and Some Animals Can Probably Hear Them. Sure, I watered my stag leaf fern instantly after studying. (Scientific American)
• A love letter of kinds: To All the Manhattan Bathrooms I’ve Loved Before (Substack)
• You had me at “return-to-the-sea barbarism”: Ganjang Gejang is not for the timid (Grub Avenue)
• This vibey half an hour of magnificence and decay oddly soothed my mind this week: Manchester Orchestra The Valley of Vision. Extremely advocate you set this on within the background in the present day and simply let it wash over. (YouTube)
• Presently listening and really into the feels of Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers and Lucy Dacus: Boygenius.
• Just lately hooked on Celebrity Memoir Book Club. Begin with “Prince Harry is Spare” episode! (Apple Podcasts)
• I beloved listening to Jerrelle Guy of “Black Girl Baking” on Radio Cherry Bombe on burn out and discovering pleasure. You may comply with her on Instagram here! (Cherry Bombe and Instagram)
• With Easter every week away, it’s formally Carrot Cake season but in addition…. when is it not carrot cake season? This Browned Butter Carrot Cake Loaf can be a simple entry level if a complete layer cake feels daunting. (Pleasure the Baker)
• Girlfriends needs to be making one another Easter baskets, don’t you suppose? Easter Basket Roundup (Oh Pleasure)
• Cease, drop, and order your pals the spring assortment of French Broad Chocolates. This Asheville chocolate store is, fingers down, my favourite within the nation. (French Broad)
My like to you, mates!
Take excellent care.